Healthy Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
1 Banana Bread Loaf
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw unfiltered honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2½medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1¾ cups gluten-free flour
- Optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes,like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you're adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you'd like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing