Hearty Lentil Vegetable Soup
- Slice the carrots and celery
- Dice the onions and garlic
- Chop the kale and the sweet potatoes
About 30-35 Minutes
Approx. 6 Servings
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cut sweet potatoes (roughly two large sweet potatoes sliced in cubes)
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary and or thyme
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked green or brown lentils (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt and 1/2 tsp pepper (or season to taste)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add coconut oil, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Season with sea salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened or lightly golden brown.
- Add potatoes and add some more sea salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender.
- Add the kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes until kale softens
- Adjust seasoning and water content as needed
- Can also serve with quinoa, wild rice, or cauliflower rice
- Garnish with fresh parsley